List of Alternative, Acceptable Forms of Documentation for the Credit Repair Dispute Process

An itemized list of acceptable alternatives for verifying identity and proof of residence with the credit bureaus.

To properly address your credit profile disputes, credit bureaus must be able to verify your identity and residence.

Click here to view the 3 forms of documentation that work best.

In cases where any of the 3 preferred forms of documentation are not readily available, refer to the alternative options below:

For Proof of Identity:

  • Bank Statement (last 30 days)
  • Passport
  • Pay stub
  • W2 form / 1099 form
  • Military ID
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate / Divorce decree
  • Court documents for legal name change

For Proof of Residency:

  • Cell phone bill (last 30 days)
  • Pay stub
  • W2 form / 1099 form
  • Rental lease agreement/house deed
  • Mortgage statement


2 proofs of identity and 1 proof of residency are required (no single document can be used for both categories).